Want to build your Legacy by working with us?
Thanks for thinking of Legacy Counseling to build your career! We are currently hiring for multiple positions.
If you're interested in working with Legacy, fill out the short form below and attach your resume. We'll review your information and reach out to you about setting up an interview!
Why work with Legacy Counseling?
We provide Clinical Supervision for aspiring LCSWs, LPCs, and LCADCs!
Legacy Counseling LLC, strongly values and promotes the professional development and growth of its clinicians and staff. As a member of the clinical team at Legacy Counseling, you will not only gain dynamic therapeutic experience in different treatment modalities, but also receive guidance and support in building your clinical knowledge and credibility in your chosen area of practice.
One of the incentives we at Legacy Counseling are proud to offer to our clinicians is Clinical Supervision by two of our qualified leaders to help you attain your LCSW/LPC/LCADC. The clinical supervision sessions we provide will help you to properly document your state required hours for licensure, provide you with learning experiences and insight into the clinical work you are doing with your clients, and ensure you receive step by step support on your licensing journey.
Here is a breakdown of the Licensure requirements,
per the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs:
LCSW: “For purposes of this section, "two years of full-time clinical social work" means 3,000 hours under direct supervision pursuant to the standards set forth in N.J.A.C. 13:44G-8.1, subsequent to earning a master’s degree in social work. The 3,000 hours shall be completed in no less than two years and no more than four years. At least 1,920 hours of the 3,000 hours shall be in face-to-face client contact, and half of these 1,920 hours shall be in psychotherapeutic counseling. The other 1,080 hours can include time spent in supervision or other social work services.”
For more information, please see: https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/sw/Pages/eligibilityrequirements.aspx
LPC: There are two options for accruing clinical hours towards Licensed Professional Counseling license:
- -Documentation of 4,500 supervised counseling experience hours (page no. 2 of the application).
- -If you have an additional 30 semester credits in "counseling" (for a total of 90 semester credits) you only need to submit 3,000 supervised counseling experience hours (page no. 2 of the application).
- -Exam Requirement, N.J.A.C 13:34-11.4: Passing score on the National Counselor Examination (NCE).
- -If you have not taken the NCE through your college or university, you will check off the box on the application that indicates that you are applying for the Committee's permission to sit for the exam.
NOTE: If you have previously submitted an LAC application you do not need to resubmit official transcripts, the course distribution sheet or NCE scores.
For more information, please see: https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/pc/Pages/FAQ.aspx
LCADC: Successfully completed the following requirements to be a certified alcohol and drug counselor consistent with the requirements of N.J.A.C. 13:34C-2.3(b)2 and N.J.S.A. 45:2D-5:
- Three hundred hours of supervised practical training in alcohol and drug counseling;
- Two years of supervised work experience within five consecutive years immediately preceding the date of submission of the application;
- Two hundred seventy hours of alcohol and drug education;
- Attended the 30 alcohol and drug abuse self-help group meetings;
- A written examination developed and prepared by the ICRC, or its successor; and
- An oral examination developed and prepared by the ICRC, or its successor, on the applicant's written case presentation.
For more information, please see: https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/regulations/Chapter-34C-Alcohol-and-Drug-Counselors.pdf
Note: The information regarding clinical hours and licensure provided above can be found directly at the links provided to the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs Website.